The Group was formed in 2005 for the following reasons.
- To create a social environment for Local business owners to get to know each other, without the rules and formality that a lot of networking groups require. There is no pressure on anyone to buy and sell anything off each other.
- There seemed to be a common feeling that if we all get to know and trust each other, good business between us will also follow, where it is of benefit.
- Our common goal is to work together for the good of the local community.
- To allow local businesses to share common information (if and when they are happy to).
- To allow local businesses to have a common voice (when they feel that one is required).
- To publicly thank all year round every business that helps the groups charity work.
Our main fund raising focus is our very successful trade mark event –
The Grand Charity Ball, which is held once every two years.
Here are the goals of the event.
- To raise Money for both a Major recognised charity and charities local to Baildon.
Also to provide all of the following ….
- An event that all the members can be proud of.
- A Great evenings entertainment.
- Great value for money to everyone who attends the ball.(eg. By providing more than other ball events and charge less per ticket).
- A choice of menu (instead of just one set menu).
- Affordable access to locals who don’t get an opportunity to attend such a nice event.
- An event that actually rewards the businesses that donate prizes (members and non members alike).